Intesa Sanpaolo Start-up Initiative - BioInItaly
Milan, Italy - April 19-20, 2010
Italian Biotech Meets Investors
Marking the introduction of an industry specialization approach, the third national edition of the Intesa Sanpaolo Start-Up Initiative was entirely dedicated to Biotech.
The event was organized in collaboration with two leading sector associations, Assobiotec and InnovHub, and coincided with the 2010 edition of the BioInItaly Investment Forum.
21start-ups were admitted to the final Arena Meeting, where they pitched to over 80 attending investors, who collectively expressed over 64 interest manifestations.
- Natural innovative solutions to meet the growing demand for environmentally friendly pest management products
- Development of innovative bioproducts for the treatment of contaminated aquatic sediments
- Fostering innovative therapies by improving therapeutic profile of drugs with a well documented anti-tumoral action with NO-mediated added p
- research and develop molecules that will increase the therapeutic options for neoplastic and/or chronic inflammatory skin diseases
- Identification of new anti-microbe drugs and of a new Antimicrobial Photodynamic Therapy platform
- Giving to allergic people the information they need about their health problems without medical intermediation
- somatic cell therapies or peptide vaccines
- A biopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and commercializes enhanced products based on its proprietary pharmaceutical technologies
- R&D of new drugs for childhood cancer (the first cause of death until 15 years of age)
- Development of human cytomegalovirus vaccine
- Discovery, development and marketing of antibodies to treat cancer and other diseases with unmet medical needs
- Body fatty acids analysis: fast, simple, cheap. A proper fatty acid leve helps to reach best health and performance
- A company aiming at transferring the results of the most advanced fundamental research in industrial applications.
- discovery, development and commercialization of novel products and technologies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases
- A spin-off company for the applications of membrane lipidomics and molecular diagnostics to personalized medicine and nutraceuticals
- Anti-PMSA antibody for targeted therapy of Prostate Cancer in order to develop radio labelled radiopharmaceuticals for molecular imaging
- The laboratory has internationally recognized expertise in studying renal diseases
- Harnessing protein power.We own a powerful patented technology to immobilize active proteins on a solid surface, preserving their activity
- novel compounds for a range of cardiovascular disorders (HMGB1inhibitors/antagonists) and regeneration of damaged connective tissues
- Partnering with the Immune System to Improve Human Health
- A new solution for fast and accurate microbial cell growth analysis: integrated platform for automated high-throughput screening (HTS)