Sustainable Energy Venture
is an open call aims to promote collaboration with innovative projects in the Carbon Capture & Utilization or Storage - CCUS and Hydrogen
sectors, promoted by Pietro Fiorentini S.p.A.
and supported by Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center SpA
All the terms and conditions for participation are described by the document "Terms and Conditions" you can find here
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The Call will only accept applications from national and international projects, startups and innovative SMEs related to the following areas:
Sustainable solutions for Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage as low as TRL 4:
- Permanent CO2 storage systems (e.g. creation of carbonates)
- Systems for the use / valorization of CO2 as raw material (e.g. bioenergy, microalgae, chemical synthesis, etc.)
- Highly innovative CO2 capture technologies (e.g. industrial, energy production, bioenergy production, etc.) and which integrate carbon capture with storage / utilization
Hydrogen Management and Utilization Solutions as low as TRL 5:
- Systems to produce Hydrogen
- Hydrogen purification systems for energy production (Fuel Cell)
- Innovative storage systems
- Other services: electrochemical compression, innovative combustion, transportation
PHASES OF THE INITIATIVE
Mar 8th – Call Launch.
May 29th – Call Deadline
Jun 17th – Communication of the Selected Innovators. The Innovators that will have access to the program, will be selected by a Jury composed by Pietro Fiorentini and ISPIC members. The maximum number of admitted Innovators is 22.
Jun 22th – Selected Innovators confirm their participation to the Initiative and to The World Class
Jun 28th-29th – “The World Class” for technology Deployment, a Growth-Stage Entrepreneur Master Class (hereinafter: Bootcamp). Selected Innovators will benefit of two full days of investor alignment and innovation development tools delivered by the program designer, Bill Barber, California serial entrepreneur, business angel, corporate advisor, and architect of the Growth Acceleration programs at ISPIC.
Jul 1st-29th – One-to-one sessions: Innovators’ advisory sessions tutored by selected coaches, to support the definitions of the business plan and the enhancing of the pitch presentation. One to One sessions could take place physically or virtually. Innovators’ advisory sessions with Bill Barber will be individually scheduled during The World Class.
Jul 13th – Sep 13th – Technical One-to-one sessions: Innovators’ advisory sessions tutored by selected Managers of Pietro Fiorentini, to deepen the technological properties of the solutions proposed by the innovators. One to One sessions could take place physically or virtually. Innovators’ advisory sessions with Managers Pietro Fiorentini will be individually scheduled after The World Class.
Oct 3rd – Deal Line-Up (“DLU”): Selected Innovators formally pitch in front of a panel composed of Pietro Fiorentini management and industry experts, who provide structured feedback and select the Winners that are allowed to continue forward in the Initiative. The Winners admitted to the Arena Meeting will be up to 8.
Oct 11th – Arena meeting: Innovator winners pitch their projects to a targeted audience of Top management of Pietro Fiorentini and stakeholders identified by Pietro Fiorentini.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To apply, fill out the Application form at: www.startupinitiative.com and select the call “Sustainable Energy Venture”.
Please upload the requested documents:
- Pitch / company presentation, which includes team, product, commercial strategy, economics or financials and stylistic references, cap table, needs
- Demo of the project (if available) or Short elevator pitch video (max 90 seconds)
- Business plan of the company / project
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU
The Sustainable Energy Venture acceleration program can prepare your startup for competing within the market thanks to the skills of coaches and professionals of the Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center network, exploring the possibilities of collaborating with a global industrial partner such as the Pietro Fiorentini Group.
- POSSIBILITY OF INDUSTRIAL PARTNERSHIPS AND/OR ACCESS TO CAPITAL RAISING
The winning startups/SMEs will be able to evaluate in collaboration with Pietro Fiorentini Group board a type of collaboration: from a production, economic and financial point of view.
- PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING
Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center coaches will help startups/SMEs in perfecting perfect business plans and commercial pitches.
- TECHNOLOGICAL COMPARISON
Pietro Fiorentini Group exerts will provide startups/SMEs with feedbacks on the results achieved and will share useful ideas for the technological development of future projects.
The path will give startups/SMEs the opportunity to get in touch with other innovative realities in the field of energy transition.
- FREE PARTICIPATION
The program has no costs for startups/SMEs in any phase and is completely free.
COME TO KNOW THE DETAILS
To learn more about our energy transition programs, meet the representatives of other startups that have already joined the Pietro Fiorentini Group or ask us any questions about this call, we invite you to participate to our webinar on the WebEx platform on Tuesday 22 March at 3:30 pm. The webinar will be attended by:
- Bill Barber, California Serial Entrepreneur, Executive Advisor, and Startup Initiative Program Developer (for Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center)
- Stefano Chiurco, Pietro Fiorentini Global Marketing Analysis & CRM Manager
- Emanuele Castioni, CEO and founding partner of Hyter (startup active in the production of electrolysers that will talk about the growth path undertaken after joining the Pietro Fiorentini Group)