Intesa Sanpaolo Start-up Initiative - Global Social Venture Competition 2011
Milan, Italy - January 28, 2011
Global Social Venture Competition
Intesa Sanpaolo and Banca Prossima announce the first Start-Up Initiative event dedicated to projects and technologies with a high social impact.
The event was organized in cooperation with Alta Scuola Impresa e Società dell’Università Cattolica di Milano (ALTIS) and Associazione San Michele Valore Impresa, and it coincided with the 2011 Italian edition of the Global Social Venture Competition.
40 start-ups applied for this edition; 11 gained access to the training stage and reached the Investor Arena Meeting, where they pitched their business idea to over 90 attending investors, who collectively expressed 70 interest manifestations.
- A Glocal way for green energy
- To clear the seaweed from the beaches and then, using a process invented by us, trasform it into cellulose pulp for the production of paper
- A "living show room" of best practices in social and environmental ranges, innovative patents and technologies. Key word: accessibility
- Quality home video entertainment and taking Nollywood to greater heights.
- The social charity bid: an Internet social network that raises funds for charity by means of online auctions
- Production of sweets by prison inmates. Buy a simple sweet and change your and others’ life.
- Revaluation of Maragima village in Central Kenya, starting from the enhancement and development of the local resources for milk production
- Apparel to clothe the soul: production of religious clothing in the Holy Land
- Our motto is: "Sport makes a better world". Minor sport training with recognized champions, following a hybrid pricing model
- Buy or Rent your eco-ethical office! We provide you with the best of breed 0Km solutions. From refurbished printers to slow-food breaks