Intesa Sanpaolo Start-up Initiative - UK Cleantech Roadshow
London, UK - February 1, 2011
Continuing its string of international road-show events, Intesa Sanpaolo announces the second London edition of its Start-Up Initiative, specializing on the Cleantech industry.
The event was organized In association with UK Trade & Investment, the British Consulate-General in Milan, and the Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry for the UK
A selection of 9 start-ups from previous national editions pitched their projects to a panel of over 80 international investors and corporations, who collectively expressed 60 interest manifestations.
- Technology to convert altitude wind energy into electricity exploiting the flight of airfoils which operate at 500-1000 m above the ground
- Cleantech company that developed the killer application in micro wind turbine industry
- Advanced design wind turbine for water pumping
- Sale of biodiesel to African mobile companies for powering their base stations. Jatropha seeds are collected in return of air-time units.
- New thin film deposition technique to make solar photovoltaics a competitive energy source
- Web start-up that leverages the internet to help Cleantech organisations globally find resources at lower costs and go to market faster
- Web 2.0 solution combined with smartplugs that helps households and SME's to make energy saving fun